Regular, timely dental cleanings and exams are key to long-term oral health. At the Cholakis Dental Group, we recommend that you get your teeth cleaned at least twice a year, although your dentist or hygienist may recommend additional visits.
When you visit the Cholakis Dental Group, your Winnipeg dental exam will include:
- X-Ray Diagnostics — X-rays help determine whether teeth and roots are in the correct position, and can also help detect tooth decay, cysts, tumours and bone loss.
- Tooth Decay Examination — Using special dental instruments, we will check tooth surfaces for signs of decay or cavities.
- Gum Disease Check — We will examine the gums and bones for signs of periodontal disease.
- Oral Cancer Screening — We examine the tongue, throat, tissues, gums, neck, lips and face for signs of cancer.
- Restoration Evaluation — We check all current fillings, crowns and other restorations for signs of wear.
Professional dental cleanings are about more than shiny, sparkly teeth — they also go a long way in helping you maintain a healthy mouth. Our dental cleanings consist of:
- Plaque Removal — Plaque is a sticky film that forms on the surfaces of teeth. It is made up of bacteria, saliva and food debris. This bacteria produces toxins which can inflame the gums, eventually leading to periodontal disease.
- Calculus (Tartar) Removal — Calculus is essentially hardened plaque that becomes attached to the tooth surface. It can form both above and below the gum line and can only be removed using special dental instruments.
- Teeth Polishing — Our dental hygienists will remove stains and plaque to give your teeth a healthy beautiful shine!